Sunday, March 05, 2006

Dr. McDreamy

I have an irrational girl crush on Patrick Dempsey. This crush did not start with his turn as Grey's Anatomy's McDreamy. Rather, it began with Can't Buy Me Love, continued with With Honors, resurfaced with Sweet Home Alabama and has reached new heights of silliness with Grey's Anatomy. Pitifully, I can't seem to look away from the television on Sunday nights from 10 p.m. until 11 p.m. JB, the boyfriend, mercifully indulges my crush by being silent for that hour and letting me giggle and swoon over Mr. Dempsey.

If I were 13, I'd probably have his picture, clipped from the pages of Teen Beat, adorning the wall of my bedroom. At 27, I settle for the weekly episodes of his show, that is, until this week. Senor Dempsey has been featured on the Barbara Walters special AND they're running Sweet Home Alabama on the same network tonight. How did the 13 year old trapped in my 27 year old body ever get so lucky? More importantly, how will I simultaneously watch the movie and the American Idol results show?

I need help, lots of help. Damn it McDreamy.

No comments: