Thursday, January 19, 2006

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

In light of my current idolatry of Opinionista, one brave former lawyer, I am using this post to emulate one of her early postings that consisted of purely random facts about her. Here, in no particular order, are some random facts about me:

Watching bodies of water can amuse me for hours --river, ocean, lake -- doesn't matter. The same is true of museums.

I worship at the altar of the writers of Gilmore Girls. My wit will never be that sharp.

I've learned in the last few years that being good at something does not mean you should make it a career.

I derive weird relaxation and pleasure out of laundry and ironing.

When I'm really upset, I almost always start cleaning my bathroom.

After losing more than twenty pounds in the last six years, I don't feel any differently when I look in the mirror.

I think Cheetos are good food.

If it was possible to remain healthy and subsist entirely on food from Buttercup Bakeshop, I would.

I didn't wear a stitch of makeup until I was 23, and even now that I wear it from time to time, nobody can ever tell.

Despite my indifference toward makeup, I spend a fortune getting my hair the exact right shade of blond.

I think Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas is the best Christmas show ever made. If you have not seen it, do so immediately. Your life will never be the same.

I'm 27 years old, and the first person I turn to when I need advice is still my Daddy.

My favorite night of the year has always been, and will always be, Christmas Eve with my family. There's no magic quite like it on any other day.

I try to live by the following credo, "Only YOU can prevent forest fires." Smokey the Bear was one smart dude.

I'm still friends, or at least friendly, with nearly all the men I've ever dated. I'm proud of that.

I really, REALLY miss being in school. If I could get paid to be a student for life, I'd do it in a second. Yes, I know I'm a pretty big nerd.

I love rap music -- The Roots, Juelz Santana, Jay-Z, Dr. Dre, DMX, Ludacris, 50 Cent, Blackalicious, Kanye West, Eminem, Wu Tang, Biggie, Snoop, Talib Kweli...and that's just the beginning.

I'm supremely insecure, yet I have no problem writing these blog posts. I don't have a Clue as to why,which reminds me -- Clue is the coolest movie ever made - hands down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion it is obvious. I advise to you to try to look in google.com