Friday, November 04, 2005

Another blog

Recently, my friend Rain Delay sent me the link to his blog. I took a look, and also checked out Popstar's blog by following a link on Rain Delay's. This whole online diary thing freaks me out slightly, but I was curious enough to try it myself. So, here I am. Odds are, I will tire of the blogging at some point -- it's like those books I always mean to finish but they wind up collecting dust on my bookshelf, a bookmark about two thirds of the way through. I mean to go back and finish them, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I can speed through the 300+ page Something Blue (chick lit from Emily Giffin, a fun former lawyer author) in an afternoon, but a Capote novella (not even a full-length book!) dangles unfinished. There are so many of these quality, but unfinished books on the shelf in my box-sized studio that my heart beats faster and I get nervous just walking past the shelf. Since, I have to walk past that shelf to use the bathroom, watch tv, get food from the kitchen (or rather, takeout menus) and clothes from the closet -- this poses quite a dilemma. And this, my friends, is just one of my many issues. More soon -- if I can find the self-discipline to do it.

1 comment:

paige said...

Thanks! It is REALLY good -- well worth the 3+ month wait I spent on the New York Public Library waiting list trying to get it.