Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Long time, no blog.

So, it's been a little while since I have added anything to the blog. Where have I been? What have I been doing? Running until I can't run anymore. Why am I back? Obviously - because I can't run anymore. After following a training plan that included one progressively longer run per week, my body finally screamed for mercy. It started as a nagging pain in my right heel. I should have listened then, taken a break and bought some new sneakers. I'm stubborn and, evidently, way over-confident.

I continued training, icing intermittently afterward, until last night when I could only run two miles before tears were involuntarily streaming down my face. The pain was just more than I could bear. I have a relatively high threshold for physical pain, so this was definitely bad. I'd love to say that I'm cured, feeling good and heading back out for a run. Instead, I'm sputtering with frustration, feeling like a useless lump, and pitying myself like there's no tomorrow.

In order to avoid depressing others (probably too late), I'm off to, well, not run. Sigh.

No comments: